Monday, April 18, 2016

Birds Of Prey



“Birds Of Prey”

On the reclaiming streets of Bombay,
I, became an desolate species
Few, try to rip apart with sharpened claws,
Faith of breathing overlooked those flaws.
But, does ignorance defines separation??

I, ain't acquainted, this part of topography.
But, I belong here, I Know in my heart
He says “Squeeze them, Squash them!!!
They are eating our food”
Is it grim to realize?
"Who are 'we' & who are 'they'??"

"Why to kill people in the name of religion" I ask
"Why to kill people in the name of region" I ask
"Why to keep so much hatred amongst" I ask
"Why to breathe a life of deceit" I ask
Presence acknowledged, but acceptance grim,
O' my brother,
Us, belong to the same motherland.

Daughter asks “Why they want to burn our hunger?”
Thought of homeland, brings tears to my eyes
Don't understand whom to blame?
Or, Is it really necessary to blame?
Blaming doesn't feed my stomach, for which I came here.
An unknown survival,
is all I want, an unknown survival.

Years will pass, Days will change,
Regime will ascend, regime will descend,
I will be here by your side,
For all your happiness and for all your sorrows
One truth, and only one truth
we need to admit,
We are nothing, but “Birds Of Prey”

                                                                                                                                                -Avinash Kumar
 


No comments:

Post a Comment